Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Training on Windows internals..

The last weekend was one of the best weekends in my life. Hold on... i did not go for party,neither did i go on a picnic. but, i had attended Windows Internals training... confused?... Yes, I say this because i gained whole lot of things from this. To give you a background, I am a BE(E&TC) guy...I never had a course on OS in my syllabus...I had read Galvin in last month or so..but you know, the concepts get cleared if somebody is there to explain the things in a little simpler or detailed manner for understanding...then you can grasp concepts in lesser time... i feel there's nothing bad if you get your concepts cleared by some one rather than to develop wrong concepts...I have seen people who are very confident but with wrong concepts... so i was dieing to attend this training session...

The training was taken by Prasad Candade from Metaparadigm, India. The concepts were explained in details. The architecture of Windows NT, context switching, multi threading, SMP systems ... he explained all this with ease. The training was for 4 days...But these 4 days saved at least 15 days of me reading Windows internals by Solomon for concepts understanding. In this time only, I found a link for channel9. I had never came across something like this from Microsoft. truly, this really is a great initiative in order to spread knowledge. This really was a pleasant surprise. I will write more on Channel9 in my next blog. Cheers.


0 comments: